Friday, January 20, 2006

The life of a student worker

Having a student job is both a blessing and curse. I get to sit around, act busy and surf the internet all day, all while being paid. On the downside, I sit all day and do nothing. I have approximetely 200 pages of reading due on Monday, and yet I spent all day chatting and checking myspace. Occasionally I do get some work done... But as I am now only working one day a week at the office, I really should be getting a lot of stuff done each shift. When I first got this job I did work all the time. I never stopped going. I wanted them to be impressed and glad to have me around. Then I realized I made minimum wage, and that none of the other students ever did any work.

So, I gave up. I moved my workspace to a secluded cubicle in the back, and hid out. Today I did have my pile of work all organized next to me today, but distractions kept popping up, and none of it got done. Too bad I won't be there for two weeks now.. I guess I'll just have to get it in gear eventually. Or just quit and leave a bunch of stuff for the next student worker.

No comments: