Wednesday, July 16, 2008

After these messages...

After a long absence, I'm back. Fresh out of grad school, and even fresher out of my first year of teaching high school. Yes, I am a high school teacher. How weird is it to say that? Generally when I tell people that I am a teacher, they give me the knowing look of, oh yeah? For what, preschool kids? Then I hit 'em low. "No, actually I teach in a high school. I teach multiple subjects including English, History, and Science, and I work with behavior students." BAM.

How many 5'2" Korean girls work in a high school with at-risk males? Not many I'll tell you. At least I was not mistaken for a student last year. At least, no one came up to me and asked me what class I was supposed to be in. They only mistook me for the other young, Asian teacher. Hey, we all look alike, right? Right?

Presently, I am attempting to get a bit of a head start on planning for my fall classes. English will be fun, as always; however, I may have bitten off more than I can chew in US History. I would like to say that I am a reasonably intelligent person (God knows that I finished grad school with a near perfect GPA) but when it comes to memorizing facts and dates, I am worthless.

I intend on posting updates fairly frequently in order to follow my own thoughts and attitudes through my second year as a behavior teacher.

More soon...

No comments: